RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Advance Directive for Dementia (University of Washington’s School of Medicine)
- Dementia Road Map: Guide for Family and Care Partners
- A resource for families developed by the Dementia Action Collaborative of Washington state.
Blogs & Articles
- Why Advanced Dementia Doesn’t Have to Stop End-of-Life Care Discussions (TCP blog)
- With Dementia, More is Needed than a Boilerplate Advance Directive (TCP blog)
- New York Times bestselling author, journalist and prominent end-of-life speaker Katy Butler shares her personal struggles in caring for her aging father and the letter to her own future medical advocate that came from this experience.
- 12 Articles/Resources About Sparking Conversations and Caring for Dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease (TCP blog)
- How to Talk about End-of-Life Care When a Loved One Has Alzheimer’s Disease (TCP blog)
- Having The Conversation When Your Loved One Has Dementia (TCP blog)
- Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s Disease (TCP blog)
- The huge misunderstanding is that the person with dementia has no understanding (Dementia Alliance International)
- How do you honor a dementia patient’s end-of-life-wishes? (STAT News)
RESOURCES FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITIES
- Community call and slides: Including Dementia and Alzheimer’s-specific programming into your work (Oct 2018)
- This webinar focuses on including Alzheimer’s-specific work into advance care planning programming. Learn from PeaceHealth in Washington State, as they provide tips, guidance and resources to help you understand how to meet the needs of and support this critical population.
- Get involved in your community – start here: https://theconversationproject.org/get-involved
- For more information, visit our Printing & Co-branding page