With the arrival of a new year, came new resources and materials. During the month of January, we hosted a community call to support newbies as they take on leading the TCP initiative for the first time, we produced a few new blogs and more!
- The Farewell: Cultures Role in How We Approach End-of-Life
In the movie, The Farewell, we’re introduced to Billi—a young Chinese-American woman who is conflicted when her family refuses to tell her terminally grandmother, Nai Nai, that she is dying of lung cancer. This fascinating movie enlightens viewers as it reminds us that how we deal, discuss and engage with death/dying is deeply influenced by our culture. We are called by this movie to consider how one’s culture greatly informs the way they approach issues of end-of-life care.
We were inspired to share our stories about how culture and/or ethnicities have influenced the ways in which we engage with the topic of death/dying. Click here to read more.
- Promoting Advance Care Planning: How and Where to Get the Word Out
Does your employer have a company newsletter, public-facing flier, or a blog site that is always looking for content to share? Are you personally part of or does your organization run an on-line discussion platform on various topics? Think about submitting a piece that these existing audiences may connect with or, if you are an employer, creating content that shows you care. Or, click here to find some of these resources below if you don’t have the capacity to create your own from scratch.
- On January 22, we hosted a call geared towards those new to The Conversation Project and/or our resources, this interactive call walked participants through TCP resources and ways to make the most of our community. We explored what you may be interested in leading and how our community/resources can support your journey toward promoting conversations that matter most. Click here for the recording and slide deck from the call.
- Upcoming call: Join us on February 19 at 3 PM EST to learn about NHDD’s history and impact since its inception. Guests will include Anna Gosline from the Massachusetts Coalition for Serious Illness Care–who will share the latest toolkit and messaging assets that can be used as you gear up for NHDD—and the founder of NHDD, Nathan Kottkamp. Get inspired and formulate creative ideas about how you’ll lead an NHDD activity this year or next.
- The Conversation Project has three newsletters designed to update you on our latest resources, news and events. Missed last month’s newsletters? Click the links below to access them and click here to be added to our newsletter listserv.
Additional resources can be found on our Get Involved page.